Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Beginnings

On a personal level, I am very excited about the new beginnings I am about to "encounter". I have weeks left in a job I have held for several years at a place I have learned and grown for the past thirteen years. It will be bittersweet to leave the many relationships I have had the privilege of building over the years. I am confident that many of the relationships will sustain the transition and my departure. What is most exciting is that I am about to join a school family in another community that has a rich history, strong continuity, and strong community ties. It is an honor to have been selected to join this new learning organization. My hope is to meet/greet/start to build relationships with the people and then find out their needs and wants; and my hope is to be able to work together and lead in as collaborative manner as practical in the best interests of the students, faculty & staff, parents, members of the board, and the community in general. It is fantastic to have this opportunity for new beginnings!! This will be a series of true leadership experiences and opportunities for learning and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment